Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oops!

Oops. I tried to attach this at the end of the post but it showed up at the beginning and for some reason, blogger won't let me cut and paste. I made this cake for a friend's co-workers son's 4th birthday. I was soooo nervous it would crash before the party because it had to travel an hour and a half to San Francisco, but it made it!
Now here's the post I was trying to put BEFORE the picture:
Sometimes I forget to post here because most of you are on Facebook. However, for the few of you who have not kept up with the times ;-), here's a quick update.
I turned in my notice at Michaels. My last day will be May 2 and I can't wait! There is so much I want to do! The kids and I are getting excited for our trip to Oregon. We should be coming up Thursday, May 28th and staying about 2 weeks. Jason will be staying in CA, working and taking advantage of the peace and quiet to travel and take pictures.
The kids are growing like weeds. James' loose tooth isn't very loose anymore. If he doesn't get it out in the next month or so, he will have to have the dentist pull it :-(. His permanent teeth are coming in behind his baby teeth and will get crooked if we can't get the baby teeth out.
Not really much else to post. Here's a picture of what I spent my week on:

3 comments:

Nana said...

What a gorgeous cake! Wow - there is nothing you can't do! Glad to hear that there were no mishaps on the way to delivery.
Becca, I didn't know you were going to leave Michaels. I know you will stay more than busy!
We are looking forward to your visit in May - Benji can't wait to see James.
Love,
Judy

Randy said...

Great looking cake!
Can't wait to see you guys again.
Re the teeth, I heard that if the permanent one is coming in behind the baby one there's nothing to worry about because the tongue will push it forward. (Maybe that's an old husbands' tale.)

The Herring Family said...

Thanks, guys. Dad, the dentist said that's the case IF the baby tooth comes out. The problem is, because the tooth comes in behind, it's not grinding down the roots of the baby tooth. If the baby tooth doesn't come out, the tongue can't push the permanent tooth forward because there is nowhere for it to go :-(.