Thursday, January 8, 2009

Excited!!!!

I had my orientation at Michaels this morning. I feel soooo blessed. I get to work at a job doing what I LOVE to do and get paid for it. How much better can it get?!
I'm a little thrown off by how much freedom I have, though. I wrote up a schedule, handed it to the store manager and she was perfectly fine with it. No changes. No suggestions. Whatever I wanted was fine. I told her some marketing ideas, but explained they would cost a little. No problem. She said she's completely aware that she will have to spend money to make money. I want to add special classes, teaching candy making, cupcakes, Kakes for Kids class. Again, GREAT! Um, aren't you supposed to tell me what I can't do, or tell me when I need to show up, or something like that? Freedom is a little...unnerving?  But no complaints here ;-).

1 comment:

Nana said...

Wahoo!!!!! I'm so glad things are looking positive. It sounds like the Michael's manager knows that you and she will learn what the public wants - if you offer classes and plenty of people sign up, it's a perfect! If few people sign up, it means Try Another Idea - perfect, too, because it sounds like you have plenty of ideas!
Have fun developing your new business!
Love,
Judy