Thursday, October 9, 2008

INSANITY!!!!

I have about 20 minutes before I have to head off to my next activity, so I thought I would sit down and give you all a brief update. I tried yesterday but couldn't get on :(.
Jason took the morning off and worked from home this afternoon, so we went to the pumpkin patch. Jason took quite a few pictures that I will upload when I have more than a few minutes (hmm. Not sure when that will happen, but I will try to make it soon.)
I've been working a lot (40 hrs last week) and am really enjoying being a lead. So far, it's been easier than I expected. I only lost my cool once last weekend (hanging head in shame). My boss is taking the whole weekend off this weekend, so I will be acting as lead Saturday, Sunday and Monday. It will be challenging, but she promised me whatever I want, so I can get extra workers to help :-). She also told me to go in and just write my own schedule, which I did :-).
Jason is leaving Saturday morning for Vegas, then Riverside (L.A. area), so he will be gone on a business trip for a week and a half. Thankfully Mary is coming down for the week. She's been so sick during this first trimester of her pregnancy poor thing :(. I've stocked up on Gatorade and bagels and cream cheese and hope that this will be a relaxing trip for her.
Gotta run! Bunko is calling!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Wow - 40 hours a week is plenty! I'm so glad you have this job. I read in the paper that Costco is doing very well in this economy, and you were wise to find a position in a store that sells life's necessities at a discount.
I lost my cool last week, too. It involved first graders and glue. Lots and lots of glue. We can both go to our corners and hang our heads in shame, LOL. Chances are, though, we'll get a second try at patience this next week.
Have fun with Mary! I hope she's feeling better soon.
Love,
Judy