Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pix from last week


Mary came to visit last week. As you can tell, she loves having her picture taken :-). The day after she got here, Gabby started throwing up and ended up having the stomach flu for 5 days. James followed suit 2 days later with a milder case. As soon as the kids were better, Mary and I got really bad head colds and then I drove Mary back to the airport to go home :-(. I was really disappointed because we didn't get to do much of anything except try to keep each other from strangling Gabby after 5 days of whining. It was nice to see Mary though and watch her little belly grow, even over the course of just 8 days.


This is a cake I made at James' request. I had made the fondant pumpkins one night and he wanted some. I told him I would do my best to make the actual cake by the next night, but then didn't feel well and decided not to do it. Come dinner time, James of course remembers what I said. Mary was a great sport and said she didn't mind having leftovers, so we had leftovers and I made a cake instead of dinner. The leaves should have dried for a couple days, but I only had about an hour, so they are all floppy, but the kids didn't care :-).


Nana sent a surprise package last week and of course the stomach flu couldn't keep the kids from it.


See poor Gabby's pale face. Poor thing! Not a fun week for her. I had to work for the first couple days of her flu and she informed me Monday night that "sometimes we just feel sicky and yucky and we need our mommies." *sniff*


Legos are Jp's new-found passion, but candy legos!?!? No way to beat that!


Gabby got a Barbie storybook with stickers. She LOVES it!


Gabby is reading James' dinosaur book. She's quite the reader actually. She won't go to bed unless she has a huge stack of books to "read".

Well, I have to get ready to take the van to be aligned, a yearly occurrence here in CA since the roads are so bad. The kids are excited about the free popcorn :-), and I think I can scrounge up some quarters for the pop machine. It should be an exciting morning!!



1 comment:

Nana said...

So sorry to hear that everyone has been just a little under the weather! We've been sick, too, with a nasty cold. Here's hoping everyone feels better this week.
Love the pictures of the kids - and what a gorgeous cake!
Love,
Judy