Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And it is done!!!


After days of frustration and countless mishaps and obstacles, my course 3 final cake is DONE! The woman from mom's club is due to pick it up in the morning. Hopefully, she will show, but if not, we'll enjoy it ourselves, although definitely not all of it. It's HUGE! I finally decided to go with Cherry Chip and Vanilla Buttercream on the top and Chocolate with Mocha Buttercream on the bottom, mainly because I already had all the ingredients for those two flavors and I didn't want to have to buy anything else for this cake.

I found a woman who has a cupcake business really close by who is willing to rent me commercial kitchen space. YAY! I can become legal, or at least head that way. She charges $25/hr to use the kitchen, so I can't really afford to use it regularly. When we get back from Oregon, I'm planning on going down to the kitchen and talking to her about the specifics, to see if she has a minimum hour requirement or anything. I'm also going to be checking with the church to see about using those facilities. For the time being though, I'm going to focus on getting ready for our trip to Oregon. This cake took up most of the last 3 days, so I have a lot to catch up on around here.
See you all soon!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randy said...

Beautiful cake. It would be hard to cut into it: ruining the masterpiece.

Nana said...

What a beautiful cake! The birthday celebration this one is going to will be all the more wonderful because of it.
Awesome job, and so glad to hear that you can rent a kitchen. $25 an hour sounds very reasonable, but then I have no idea how many hours go into a cake like the one you just produced. Lots to figure out, but things will fall into place as they are supposed to.
Can't wait to see you guys - safe trip!
Love,
Judy

Jenn said...

Oh, WOW!!! I'm speechless!! and/but very impressed ...

I can HARDLY WAIT to see you guys! I feel like a little kid before Christmas! :)

Love you-all!

Mary Brown said...

That looks AMAZING!!!! Awesome job!
:)

Katie said...

I have to say that I am VERY impressed! Way to go :-)