Friday, June 20, 2008

The "Sweet Madness" begins!

I have my first order! Sort of. Not really. But I can pretend :D. I have to do a final cake for my Course 3 class, a two-tier, wedding-style cake. The only problem is, we are leaving for Oregon one day after my final class and I just can't bring myself to throw away 40+ servings of cake! So I emailed my moms club and asked if anyone wanted a two-tier cake. One of the women is having a triple birthday party July 4th (for her husband, son and daughter, who all have birthdays in July) and said she would take the cake and freeze it and use it for that. She has given me free rein as to colors and flavors as long as it tastes good :-). YIKES! She even insists that she wants to pay me. OH NO! I'm not ready for this. Ok. I am, but I'm REALLY nervous! I'll let you all know how it goes and of course, I'll post a picture :-). Oh, and did I mention I've never met this woman?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations!
Don't get too nervous and you'll do great :-) Can't wait to see a picture of the cake.

Nana said...

Wow! What a great way to get your start - word of mouth will get this business rolling, faster and faster. Sweet madness indeed!
Can't wait to see a picture and learn the details of the flavors you choose.
Love,
Nana