Saturday, June 14, 2008

Jason's birthday wish comes true!!!!

My camera's battery died and I was unable to get any pictures :-(. A perfect birthday for Jason, who hates getting his picture taken.
He turned 34 today and we had a very laid back day. He doesn't like big hooplas for his birthday, so we had a fairly laid back day. The kids and I went out to get his gifts and some ingredients for his birthday dinner this morning then we hung around the house while the kids napped. Jason barbequed Tri-Tip for dinner and we had his requested Black-Bottom Cupcakes for dessert. They weren't as good as Judy's, but it was my first time making them so he gave me a pass ;-).
James gave Jason a pencil sharpener that James has been playing with since. I had a hard time keeping Jp from opening it before we got home and it never did get wrapped. James gave it to Jason as soon as the van pulled into the garage :-). Gabby picked out some brightly-colored erasers for Daddy. From me, he got a new NIV Study Bible and a case for it, one of the things he asked for.
Oh, btw, there's another house for sale two houses down from us. 1690 square feet, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, $190,000. Anybody want to join us down here in the sun? :-)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmm...I just tried to type this up once and it deleted it all so if you get two comments you'll know I messed up, lol.
I was saying...Jason, I didn't know our birthdays were this close. Happy Birthday! I hope yours was as good as mine.
Unfortunately we won't be able to make it down when you'll be in Oregon for 4th of July (between the price of gas and Suzi's work schedule we just can't work it out).
As far as the house next door to you...well, it's just not on our list of feasible things this month, lol. We do miss you all though and hope it won't be too long before we get to see you.

Nana said...

Happy Birthday, Jason! We'd love to move down near you guys, but we'd need a much bigger house. There'd have to be room for GG, Big Papa and GG, Benji, Melissa. Oh, and 7 dogs....Hope the neighbors don't mind a little barking...
Love,
Nana