Thursday, July 24, 2008

I got a job!

I had an interview with Warehouse Demo Services this morning and I got a job! YAY!! It's a temp to hire position. They are hiring a lot of people for their grand opening August 14, 15 and 16 and then they will decide that weekend who they want to keep and who they want to let go. I'm actually excited about the opportunity, because it's really hard to sell myself on paper, but in person, I know I can do it. And I get to be a sample lady! Gabby is very jealous. She wanted to come to my interview this morning because she wants to be a sample lady too. She was not very happy when I told her she had to be 18 to work as a sample lady. She didn't think that was very fair :-). Jp asked if he and Gabby could come and help me set up the samples and then Daddy could come pick them up. I had to explain to him that kiddos can't come to work with me :(.
We discovered this morning that we failed to explain some things to Gabby. When we told her Mommy got a job, she got really upset. I thought she would be excited, since it's a sample lady position, but we finally realized that she equated any job with a full time + job, like Jason has. We had to explain to her that I wouldn't be working nearly as much as Daddy, but she's still not convinced (neither am I, but I don't tell her that. Change is not my cup of tea.)

5 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Congrats on your job!! I hope it works how for you. Seeing yours pictures makes me miss all of you sooooo much. Love ya-Mary

Mary Brown said...

Well, I guess I need to proofread my comments before I post them. I meant: "I hope it works OUT for you" and "seeing YOUR".

The Herring Family said...

That's funny! I didn't even notice the "how vs out" typo when I read it :-). I miss you too, Mary!

Nana said...

Wahoo!!!! Everyone here is doing the happy dance for you!
Gabby will be fine once she figures out there is a routine - give it a couple of weeks, a few toothpicks, marshmallows, and maybe some of those disposable gloves and she'll be excited too.
I have only the best wishes for you. I know you'll be great at convincing people those samples are great!
Love,
Judy

Katie said...

Congratulations!!
And don't worry, although change is hard it is a necessary part of growing. Wish we could be there to cheer you on in person. Love you!
Katie and Suzi