Saturday, July 26, 2008

Counting his blessings

James was sitting at the breakfast table this morning and out of the blue he says:  "I'm having a really good day today. I have 3 bottle right here (two had water in them. One had sparkling juice. He decided yesterday that he wants to start collecting bottles "like Daddy".). I had 3 sausages. I get to go to Lowes and we're going to Farmers' Market. I'm really lucky!" It was so refreshing to see him, in the simplicity of his four years, counting his blessings. Now I just need to follow his example.

2 comments:

Nana said...

One of your blessings is this very bright boy. As a teacher, I'm doing handstands here! He's not even 5 yet, and his thinking has advanced to examining the whole and identifying the parts in a very sophisticated way. WOW!
Love,
Judy

Randy said...

A little child shall lead them...