Monday, December 15, 2008

We're home!

Just wanted to pop in really quickly to say we made it home safe and sound. Other than a little slush and some torrential downpours when we reached CA, our trip was uneventful and we are glad to be home. It was ironic though because when we reached CA, the rain was coming down in sheets and I had a really hard time seeing while I was driving (Jason had driven through the snow and ice, so it was my turn. Poor guy!). James pops up from the back seat: "Why is it raining? Aren't we in CA?" My thoughts exactly, little man :-). I did explain to him, however, that even CA plants need watered every now and then.
Once I find my house under the mounds of gifts (thanks, everyone!) and piles of laundry, I will download some pictures and share those with you. In the mean time, have a great week and for those of you in Oregon, please stay home! No more totaled cars please.

P.S. Jenn, if you are trying to avoid crumbs in your frosting, put on a "crumb coat", which is a light layer of frosting, then put your cake in the freezer for 10 to 15mns, then pull it out and finish frosting it. The crumb coat will hold the crumbs in and you won't have them all over the top of your cake :-).

2 comments:

Nana said...

So glad to hear you are safely at home, and I hope you had a nice relaxing Monday. Everything here is ice and snow, more snow expected Wednesday, and some really yucky weather expected by Sunday. Rain, by contrast, sounds very refreshing!
We so enjoyed your visit, and wish we could have seen more of you, so we're looking forward to those pictures!
Love,
Judy

Katie said...

I'm glad you had a safe trip home.
Sorry I missed sending you a happy birthday or any kind. I was thinking about you lots. Wish we could have seen you.
Love you all!!
Katie