Sunday, August 17, 2008

A new job!

I know that many of you are waiting with bated breath to find out about Gabby's birthday party. Jason is working on uploading the pictures and the link to the photobucket account will be sent out in the next day or two, so hang tight :-). Gabby informed me this evening that she is "sooo glad she's three!" For two days, she got to feel like a true princess and she is just beaming.
On another note, I have been working long and hard this week. I worked the VIP dinner on Wednesday and had a great time. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I worked the grand opening. It had it's challenges and I started to really miss the kids, but all in all, it was a good experience. I got to Gabby's birthday party Saturday night completely exhausted and stressed out. The hardest part for me that it was really crazy, chaotic and no one was telling us anything. I did, however, find out that I am hired on permanently. When my manager Freda told me, I said: "Oh, yay!" and gave her a big hug. She looked at me like I was nuts, but that's ok :-). She likes me. As a matter of fact, I went in to work today and about half-way through the shift, she offered me a position as lead! Another YAY! Basically we (me and one other girl) will alternate every other week and act as the manager on Freda's days off (Sunday and Monday) and whenever she goes on vacation. I guess those grueling hours on my feet all weekend, trying to pretend like I was super excited and not about to die paid off :-D.
I still don't have a permanent schedule yet, but Freda said she would work with me on my schedule, so hopefully in a couple days, I will have something that is more family friendly than the crazy hours I've been working. She has me scheduled for 5 of the next 7 days. So much for a part-time job ;-). Now I just have to find childcare. Thankfully, Jason's schedule is very flexible in the short term, so worst case scenario, he can come home and watch the kids.
Thanks to all of you for your support, prayers and encouraging words as we go through this transition.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Yahoo! Yip, Yip, Yippee! Whee!! I'm so glad to hear that your new job is going well, and that you'll be in a lead position.
And here's some unsolicited advice about those aching feet - use part of your first paycheck to buy a really good pair of cushioned shoes with good arch supports, and get one of those foam mats to stand on. It will help your feet last a little longer!
I'm hoping everything continues to go well. I loved the pictures of Gabby's party and her time at Libby Du.
Love,
Judy