Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quick news from Salida

Jp had his physical this morning. It was quite thorough. They checked his hearing (he thought that was funny :-).). They checked his eyesight. (He thought that was a little strange. He wasn't sure what the nurse was up to.) He weighed in at 51lbs and 44.5" tall. 95% in height and his weight was near 100%. Poor guy had to have 4 shots, including MMR and tetanus. OUCH! He's been hobbling around the house all evening, with a huge thigh. Poor thing!
I had my work orientation today and it went well. It looks like I will be hired on permanently with Warehouse Demo Services, the company that does samples for Costco. I volunteered to work the VIP opening tomorrow, which should be lots of fun! All the big-wigs will be there. No pressure on my first day :-).
Please pray for us as we adjust to new family dynamics, that we will have the wisdom to know when to push ourselves and when enough is enough. I'm having a hard time thinking about leaving the kids (although the thought is quite nice sometimes :D). I don't do well with uncertainty (an anxiety trigger) and as of today, I have NO idea what my schedule is going to be next week. YIKES! I don't like that!

2 comments:

Nana said...

My goodness, JP is a big boy in every way.
Becca, it's normal to have anxieties about how work will affect you and your family. The work will fall into a routine, and you will be brilliant. The kids will be fine! Just remember to give yourself a pat on the back for all the wonderful things you do. You will figure out how to balance everything!
Love,
Judy

Katie said...

So Becca, how did the VIP event go? Do you like your new job? How are the kids doing with you working? Are the schedules coming together ok so that it works out for all of you? So many questions, I know. I could call but you know about my phone phobia...Anyway, know that we love you,check your blog all the time, and think about you. Hugs from Walla Walla.

Oh, and my kids are finally home!!! Yeah! They've been gone all summer.