Monday, August 11, 2008

She's never growing up!

This morning, Gabby happened to see me take the Little Mermaid bedding set and curtains from her room. The set was for her toddler bed and she now has a twin bed. Poor thing was tired and she completely lost it. She sobbed and sobbed saying repeatedly: "I don't want to grow up! I want to stay little!" Broke my heart :(
Tonight I went to the mall to get a couple white shirts for work tomorrow. As I was walking through Penneys on the way out, I noticed they had some really cute lingerie. Then I looked up and realized I was in the Juniors formal dress section. I decided that Gabby was right. She should NEVER grow up!

3 comments:

Nana said...

You will never be ready for the clothing that some demented bunch of people decide is "in style" for preteens and teenagers! We discussed a dress code for school a couple of years ago that wouldn't allow girls to wear tank tops that had spaghetti straps. Until one mother pointed out that there were only that type of tank top available for purchase at any of the stores!
I hope Gabby'll be fine with growing up to the ripe old age of 3!
Love,
Nana

Katie said...

I have to agree with Nana on this one. The clothing they have for our kids is outrageous! We are lucky here in Walla Walla though. The school district has put down their foot and the kids really are kept to a higher standard. If it's lower than a credit card length below the collar bone, it does not work. In fact, they will give the girls detention for it. It's been great to get the principal's support on our standards :-)
But also Becca, just when you wish she would stay little you'll blink and she'll be growing up and you will just WISH she would want those little mermaid sheets back ...
Miss you guys!!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.