Sunday, March 23, 2008

The aftermath of Auntie LIssa's package


Gabby has been thoroughly enjoying Auntie Lissa's gifts. Auntie Lissa sure knows the way to our little diva's heart.


Gabby can now wear her royal bling with pride.


Mommy Gabby has been taking very good care of her new dolly, Ariel. She even remembered to feed her some pork chops last night :-).


And of course, the band aids.

A cute story: Yesterday, on our way to Lowes as a family, we were talking about papa (Wayne Herring). All good things of course :-). Gabby piped up from the back seat: "Can Nana and Auntie Lissa take me to Starbucks and get me a Frappuccino when they come?" How does a two year old even know what a Frappuccino is, you ask. Blame it on Target. While we were waiting in line at Target the other day, a Starbucks employee came around with Green Tea Frappuccino samples. I tasted mine and didn't care for it, so I let Gabby have the rest. She drank it while we went through the line and walked out to the car. When I got her into her car seat, she handed me the cup. "It's all gone." she said. "That was DEEELICIOUS!"
Today, after church, the kids and I were waiting for Jason to be done greeting for third service, so I decided to treat them at the coffee stand the church has. The barista asked the kids if they wanted a hot chocolate and Gabby said: "No. I want coffee." Hehe. I got an iced mocha, split it with her and she loved it. *sigh* I'm glad we're teaching them that they have to earn their own money and buy their own treats because I think Gabby is going to have some pretty extravagant tastes. Between her love of band aids, coffee and shoes, we'd be broke!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Bandaids, fancy coffee, and shoes - what else is there to live for! Gabby, you look fabulous in your crown. I'm so glad you are taking good care of your mermaid doll, too!
Love,
Nana

Anonymous said...

Gabby - I like your style! Keep it up.