Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A California Day

Today was beautiful! Sunny, in the 70s (I'm guessing), a little windy. The kids and I walked to a park a little less than a mile from our house. Well, I walked. Gabby rode in the stroller and Jp rode his bike. I realized halfway there that I should have brought my camera with us so that I could take pictures to post here. Maybe next time.
The park was nice and relaxing for me at least. I sat in the sun and read. I've been reading "Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul" which has turned out to be a really good book! I didn't expect much, but I have been inspired and encouraged. It's a tough book to read with others around though, because every other story or so makes me cry, which can be embarrassing in public :-).
This afternoon was CRAZY! I decided a few weeks ago that I wasn't going to continue with my Tupperware business and yesterday I posted a list of my inventory for sale on a forum for other consultants. Today, the emails poured in and as of 5pm tonight, I had sold EVERYTHING, with the exception of a few sales aids and a bunch of citrus peelers. I guess I'll be spending the next week at the post office :-).
Jason is still at work (7:15), so the kids won't get to see him tonight :-(. I don't think that's going to go over very well, especially with Gabby. She's quite the daddy's girl.
No news on my application at Mimi's Cafe. I was hoping to go in and check on it tomorrow, but my neighbor is only available to watch the kids at lunchtime, which is a horrible time to talk to a restaurant manager. So I'll wait until Friday and leave the kids with Jason while I run in.
The dishes are calling and I'm doing my best to ignore them, but I'd better sign out and go find my sink. Until next time!

Becca

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I hope this job at Mimi's works out, too! Just tell me. You don't have to wear gaudy blue eyeshadow, do you?? Just checking ...

Nana said...

Oooh! Blue eyeshadow! Now there's a blast from the past - add white lipstick, and girl, you've got The Look!
We had a beautiful day here, too, but no visit to the park. I hope your allergies are better today. I sent a package today for James and Gabby - you should get it this week.
Love,
Nana