Monday, March 10, 2008

My, they make me laugh!

There are times when I get frustrated with motherhood. We all wonder sometimes where kids get all their energy. I have a theory that they suck it from their caregivers and store it to use themselves when said caregiver's energy is totally and completely sapped.
I do have to say, though, that despite all the challenges that come with being a parent, these kids sure bring me a lot of joy. I thought I'd share some of their antics with you, if you don't mind.
As you can see above, Jp and Gabby decided last night that they wanted to wash their bikes. I gave them a bucket of soapy water and a couple rags, then went back inside to clean the kitchen. When I went back out, here's what I saw:



Another story.
The kids have been anxiously awaiting the Easter package they know is coming from Nana and Auntie Lissa. Auntie Lissa even told them she is sending them toys and Gabby is anxiously waiting for new band aids. She's been out for about two weeks now and mean old Mommy won't get her some more. For those of you who know my little drama queen, this in and of itself is a tragedy. Every night, before bed, we read a couple stories to the kids, then have prayers and songs. 90% of the time, Gabby's prayer is: "Jesus name amen." This was the case last night as well. After songs together as a family, I took her into her room and was singing her a couple more songs while rocking in the rocking chair when she stopped me. "Wait! Wait! I have something to tell Jesus!" She closes her eyes and whispered: "Jesus, when is Nana's package gonna come? Amen." Then she opens her eyes and says: "I asked Jesus when Nana's package is gonna come and He said "Just a minute"." I was laughing so hard I had a tough time finishing her songs!
The picture below I just added because I like it :-). Gabby has really been into dressing herself and it's just fun to watch. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Nana said...

Hey, Gabby girl, Nana worked hard today and got your package in the mail. Jesus told me how important it was to get it sent quickly! It should be there by Monday.
Love,
Nana