Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A quiet (boring?) night


It's 9:30pm and everyone, including Jason, is already in bed asleep. Thankfully, Jason figured out a way to do what he thought was going to take him 2 to 3 hrs in 15mns, then he crashed. Poor guy! He's been working REALLY hard this week.
Gabby is, well, Gabby! The true princess that she is. The above picture was taken tonight, after she proceeded to put on nearly all the dress up clothes she owns :-). She's been really tired this week because she has to wake herself up before Daddy leaves for work (her choice). This morning, she thought 5:45 would be an excellent time to get up. GRRR! 
Jp has also inherited his father's ability to wake himself up at any time he pleases and 6am sounds good to him this week because heaven forbid he miss seeing Daddy! I asked him tonight if he could sleep in tomorrow morning, but he informed me that no. It's too important for him to see Daddy before work. Oh, well. One more day of negotiations this week and then we'll all crash :).
Jp has been so grown up lately. He decided that he was going to forgo the diaper tonight and sleep in underwear. He decided this about 6pm and was so excited to be "big". 9:15 rolls around and he was using the potty just before bed and decided that, actually, he'd like a diaper on top of his underwear. I talked him into putting the underwear over the diaper and not vice versa. He climbed into bed and decided that the underwear was "too tickly", so he's back in a regular diaper :-). It's truly a joy to watch him grow up. He is such an imaginative, caring little boy. I mentioned a couple posts back that he doesn't care for story time at the library and today I think I figured  out why. I mentioned to him that tomorrow is story time and he said: "Mommy, can we please not go? It makes me kinda nervous." I asked him why and he said: "Because I don't know all those songs, Mommy. I just know one." It dawned on me that my little introvert doesn't like the spotlight (Gabby eats it up, though ;-) ). We have been sitting in the middle of the circle on the floor with several other kids, but I asked him if he would rather sit on the chairs around the outside of the circle and he said yes. So hopefully tomorrow he will have more fun because he won't feel like all eyes are on him. Isn't it amazing how God can take the same two parents and give them such different children?

Becca

2 comments:

Nana said...

Hey Gabby - you look marvelous!

Becca, how smart to figure out why JP didn't like story time - location, location, location!

There must be something about early mornings - the puppies started screaming for food at 5 am around here, Benji woke up at 5:45, and I've been crabby ever since! And now there's Daylight Savings Time coming up - I try not to think about it!!!!
Love,
Sleepy Nana

Mel said...

How incredibly blessed I am to have such a fabulous niece and nephew. God is truly amazing.

I miss you all so much and reading this makes me wish that I lived next door.

Oh, well. I will see you soon.

Love,
Auntie Lissa