Friday, November 21, 2008

The decision has been made...

I'm resigning today, with my last day being Monday, December 8th. The whole trip issue was the catalyst, but honestly, there were a whole set of problems with my job that I wasn't even aware of until the possible trip cancellation brought them all to the surface. I finally realized what a tole this job was really taking on me, my family and my marriage. I will REALLY miss parts of the job. I was good at what I did and it's always nice to do something you're good at, but the sacrifice was too great. So today I am faxing my resignation in and finishing up my time there. And then we'll see all you Oregonians in 3 weeks!!! Yay! I can't wait!

5 comments:

Nana said...

Becca, I'm so glad you were able to make a decision. Yes, it's hard to give up the little bit of extra money, but you learned so many things in this job that will be helpful to you in the future - in whatever job you decide to pursue.
We are all looking forward to seeing you!
Love,
Judy

Randy said...

Yeah from me too! Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Bethany said...

YAY!! Margaritas in 3 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through such turmoil just for trying to do the right thing. This just proves that this job was not the right fit. However, I cannot wait to see you and I'm so glad that you made this decision - difficult though it was. You are so strong and so brave and all around a kick a** person! You are amazing!

Jenn said...

Tough stuff, down under! Mark just got off the phone with Jason and said, "Becca's shingles are healing up. And she quit her job." I said, "What? And ... come again?" I read your blog just a couple of days ago! But apparently the world keeps spinning, even down there! Go figure! Well, I'm glad the decision has been made, and you can get some REST. And shingles? Ugh! Sorry to hear about that. But yey for a visit! I can't to see you all.

Jenn