Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Re-Post - covered bridge and related pix

I could have sworn I posted these months ago but both Rebecca and I looked and didn't find them. So here they are again, just more California for you.... These were taken in August at the Knights Ferry Covered Bridge and Power Plant... it was a mill, and then a hydroelectric plant from the 1890's on to about 1940 or so... The town of Knights Ferry currently has about 50 people living there...

Here is a plant fighting for life next to an early 20th century powerhouse wall... I like the colors...
Here is a covered bridge reflecting in the waters of the Merced River, it is the Knights Ferry Bridge

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Very pretty! When I first saw the window pic (the first one) I thought, "Whoa? Did Jason copy the Windows Vista background??" Because it looks just like it!
=)

Nana said...

Wow - love the picture of the plant next to the ancient stone wall. Good eye you've got, Jason!
Love,
Mom

Katie said...

These pictures are AMAZING! Your way with photography truly is a gift. Thanks for sharing with us!!