Friday, November 7, 2008

Interesting day today

I spent the day interviewing people today to fill some demonstrator spots at work. I have to say it was an interesting experience. People are . . . interesting. Like the man who, in the answer to his very first question, tells me he has had problems with sexual harassment, perpetrated by him!!! YIKES! And then he goes on to tell me that he's not sure how he feels about being on his feet for 6 hrs at a time because he's been a couch potato for the last couple years. Um, ok. And the person who walks in, says she used to work for WDS and starts to argue with us when we say we have to verify with her former place of employment to make sure she is hirable. It was an exhausting day and my brain was fried by the end, but it looks like we will be getting some pretty good demonstrators this time around.
My boss asked me how I would feel about taking over the management of the store because she wants to retire. Haha! She was serious, but I told her I wouldn't even think about it for two more years, at least not until the kids are in school :-). I was flattered though ;-).

3 comments:

Katie said...

Isn't it amazing dealing with people? Never a dull moment and just when you think you've figured out pretty much what people will do, they throw you a curve ball. Congratulations on being considered for management. Sounds like you're building some stepping stones for a little later in life when you're ready to move up. Exciting!
Also, when are you guys going up to Oregon? Chances are it won't be while we're there but we can always try. I'd love to see all my sisters at once and it would be great to see Jason and the kids again.

The Herring Family said...

We will be heading up December 11th and coming back on the 14th. The extended family Christmas will be the 13th at Kathy's this year and I REALLY wanted to be there so we moved the dates around a bit. I would love to see you guys.

Nana said...

Oh, my, the things people say in job interviews! Sometimes it leaves you wondering if they do any thinking before those words fly out of their mouths!
So glad to hear your supervisor recognizes your skills and talents. When you are ready for it, it sounds like this position could easily become full-time.
Love,
Judy