Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yosemite During Fall

I know I don't post much, Becca tends to hog the blog... but here are a couple of images I created during a recent trip to Yosemite. It sure does change with the seasons and I am still scouting out locations and trying to understand weather patterns before I can put out any quality work... but here are a few images, I'll put up more as I go through them and pick the better ones.... jason

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhVvJ6A21sofNFVkWhWFBxeF6EeENrUzZA1KlM1EicMENa1YeoE-GcTGlVh8aU7MPTCWBNJsDyP5jj3fnpg_Nc_ppt6uAQEukny5IVjG9RobF69RrFe4umziEMaZtwYBSv7WZNNyc_krq4/s1600-h/clouds+at+tunnel+view++038.jpg"> Here is tunnel view from Inspiration Point. I kind of liked the clouds on this one but the sun is all wrong... still, just learning the weather patterns and how fall/winter sun hits the Yosemite Valley. You can see Bridalviel falls on the right, but it's just a trickle...

I love the mixture of the colors of the stones on the bridge with the fall colors of the trees and grass on the bank...
Kind of a strange tree, they were everywhere as I hiked up to inspiration point. The red bark was really that red, it was kind of cool

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the tree! Reminds me of the ones in Hawaii! Tell Santa that I want a pic of it for Christmas in like black and white or something!

Nana said...

Gorgeous pictures, and you captured the wonderful look of that Madrone tree. The gray bark comes with great age, the young trees have such lovely red bark.