Thursday, April 17, 2008

From the mouths of babes

I'm a little concerned about the theology of our children's program at church. I asked Gabby last Sunday what her story was about. She told me it was about "Golion and the giant". I asked her if she meant David and Goliath. "No." she said "Golion and the giant. The two big mean giants killed the little boy!" Uh, oh :-).

The kids and I met Jason for lunch at his office today. We were supposed to go to McDonalds, but he had a huge last minute project he had to work on, so we brought McDonalds to him. On the way home, Gabby pipes up from the back seat: "BE QUIET!!! I'm on my bluetooth!"

Jp has made a new friend at church. A cute little blonde girl named Reagan. Her mom and I set up a play date for next week. I told Jp on the way home that I was so glad he had made a new friend. Then I said: "Well, actually you have two now, huh. Erin (the neighbor girl) and Reagan." To which he replies: "Actually, Erin's my cousin." I tried to explain to him that Erin can't be his cousin because her parents are not related to either Jason or me, but he wasn't convinced. When I asked him why he thought Erin was his cousin, he said: "Because I love her." Apparently, Reagan is his friend because he likes being with her and Erin is his cousin because he loves her :+).

2 comments:

Nana said...

Oh, how I miss you guys! Thanks for posting these cute things that Gabby and JP are saying. I do like JP's logic, though!
Love,
Nana

Unknown said...

Oh man, I'm at home alone reading this post and yet here I am laughing out loud!! I'll have to make sure Asher learns about Gollion and the Giant!

Thanks's for the laugh :)