Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Trip to Yosemite... Version 2

The mighty Merced river is fed by snowpack in Yosemite and runs into the San Juaquin Valley... It and other snow fed rivers start in Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada Mountains and run into the Valley....  it's what waters the produce that is grown around here....
Here are two pictures of "The Little Chapel" at Yosemite... it is one of the few original buildings left from the 1920-1930's era when Yosemite Valley became a town and tourist attraction.  The park service moved it away from the flood plain and it was carefully restored....

Here is Yosemite Falls... snow fed and quite impressive....
Here is Tunnel View.... Ansel Adams made this view famous... from the left... El Capitan towering over Yosemite Valley... the middle is "Half Dome", aptly named for it's shape... to the right... Bridal Viel Falls....


This was my first time at Yosemite and just a scouting trip... artistic photography to come later... but I saw the three things I set out to see... Trust me... I'll be back and see much more...

And the car didn't break down this time... Yeah!

jason

4 comments:

Nana said...

What awesome photos - it is really beautiful, isn't it?
I'm so glad you were able to get there with all the pieces of your car remaining intact...
Love,
Nana

Katie said...

These are beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.

I really enjoy keeping up with your lives way down south via the blog even though I rarely post. Thanks for giving us a glipse through the windows of your life. It helps me feel less "alone" over here in Timbukto...or is it Walla Walla...

The Herring Family said...

Hey, Katie. You could start your own blog and then we would just need to get Mary and Matt on board and all the siblings would have a blog :-). Gotta love modern technology!

The Herring Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.