Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So excited!!!

I just got my Moms' Club activities calendar for the month of April and I'm so excited! They have great activities planned for this month. We are going to make Fruit Kabobs at Cooking Club, Mudfest 2008 is April 25th (not really sure what it involves, but we're supposed to bring a change of clothes and ice cream is provided, so it can't be all bad, right?). Mom's night out is pedicures (can't wait! I had decided I was going to use some of my "allowance" for one anyway, because this is California after all, so getting one with other moms is going to be heavenly!). Our field trip on the 24th is to the zoo. Yay! Gabby will be sooo excited. That child is born to be a vet :-).
Tomorrow the kids and I are going to our first women's Bible Study at the church and I can't wait! We're going to be studying Esther, one of my favorite books of the Bible. I'm looking forward to that, and to meeting other women.
I'm really enjoying our life here in California. I was worried I wouldn't like it here, but the combination of the sun, a good church and more family time has been turning it into a great place to live. I also think that forcing myself to be more active and involved has helped. I miss all of you guys a lot, but it's starting to feel like home here, which I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would be able to say after only 2.5 months. Have I mentioned how much I love the sunshine? And being 15 mns or less from practically everything (church, Jason's work, Target, Costco, Winco, Walmart, the Mall and of course, Michaels :-) ) is sooo nice. I never thought I would like the suburbs, but I learn something new about myself every day. I even learned that there are pros to renting!
Yesterday, both toilets stopped up and overflowed (ya. nice!). No matter what I tried, I couldn't get them unclogged and since we had been having issues with them for several days, Jason called our landlady and she called a plumber for us. I have to say, after the $500 car repair and the new tires we are going to have to buy this week (we found a bubble in one of Jason's tires), it was very refreshing to pass along the plumber costs to someone else. Renting isn't so bad after all :-).
Well, I need to clean up and then go through the phone book and decide how many restaurants and which ones I am going to apply at tomorrow. Jason said he will come home for a long lunch so I can get my applications out. I'm really dreading it and would love some prayers from all of you for peace and guidance through this whole job seeking affair.
Love you all! Oh, btw, each and everyone is welcome here any time. Please don't wait for a personal invitation from us because we don't want any of you to feel like you HAVE to come. Just know that you are welcome in our home any time and consider this your invitation :-).

3 comments:

Joellen Armstrong said...

Sounds like Cali really is a good fit! I must say I'm jealous... I can't wait to see the sun on a regular basis :-) We'll miss you at mom's pool this summer though... good luck with the job search!

Nana said...

The sun is the one thing that I really miss from my early years growing up in California. There are so many, many nice days, and it really does lift your spirits.

Your job search will take you in a new direction - you will find a job, and make even more friends.

I'm so glad you are finding that California can be a home and not just a place. We'll try to visit soon!
Love,
Nana

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.