Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jp and Reagan's Playdate

Jp and Reagan had their first play date this morning. Overall, it went really well. The kids and I showed up at Reagan's house around 10 and stayed for almost 2.5 hrs. Jp had a really good time, but he did ask if we could have a shorter play date next time. He was pretty tired by the end :-). Gabby and Reagan didn't really get along, but honestly, what can you expect? There really isn't room for two divas/princesses in one bedroom and they both fought for dominion over the kingdom. I don't really think there was a clear winner though.
Heather, Reagan's mom, is really sweet. She was a high-school freshman English teacher in her pre-baby years and plans to go back when her boys are in first grade, but for now, she's home with the kids. We talked about the challenges of motherhood and the struggle to work or not work, to tighten the budget or spend precious hours away from home. It was nice to have another mom to talk to who could relate. She has 3 kids. Reagan is 4, like Jp, and her twin boys just turned 2. Man, those boys keep her hopping! I was really nervous going over there because she seemed like one of those moms who has it all together (do those exist?), but she's actually a normal human being. Who knew?
Jason is sick today, but at work of course. Poor guy! He just feels "off". Shivering, then hot, but no fever, and incredibly tired. He came home from work last night and fell asleep right after dinner. Honestly, I think life has finally caught up with him and he's exhausted :-(.
I'm really tired too, but not in the "oh, my gosh, I'm gonna die!" kind of way yet :-). I've just been really busy. Tomorrow is my Wilton Course 1 grand finale so I have to work on my cake today. I made one last night (just the cake, not the whole decorated deal), but the kids helped, and well, it's in the garbage :-). It was so tough I couldn't get my leveler through it, and the strangest shape too. High on one side, almost flat on the other. Who knew you can mess up a cake mix? But at least Jp got to practice cracking the eggs ;-).
Tomorrow is Bible Study and cake decorating class. Friday is Mudfest with Mom's Club. Saturday is family picture time for the church directory. It will be really nice when they get the directory done because then I'll have a cheat sheet for all the names I forget. I'm just awful with names :(.
Ok. I really must go now. My roses are calling me to practice them. Well, the laundry's calling too, but not quite as loudly.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Sure enjoy reading your blog. Not much news from this old guy, just wanted you to know you are being "read".

The Herring Family said...

Thanks, Dad :-)

Nana said...

It is so nice to have found a friend who can relate to all you are going through. It's HARD to be home with two little ones all day - I've always thought it was the most challenging job I've ever had. And I never listen to the laundry unless it is screaming at me!
Sorry to hear that Jason is under the weather - hopefully he can un-stress and relax a bit this weekend.
Love,
Nana