Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not much news

I figured I should get on and post today, since I hadn't done so in a few days. Nothing super exciting to share. Just a run of the mill week for us. The neighbor kids are coming over this evening, so Jp and Gabby should have a good time. Elizabeth (the neighbor) suggested that we do a babysitting swap a couple times a month where they watch our kids so we can go on a date then we watch their kids the next week. I like the idea, but I'm a little nervous because Gabby still gets apprehensive when Mommy leaves. I think she'll be fine though. Last time I left her over there for all of 15 minutes, I forgot her blankey and she wasn't too happy about that. I think we'll probably do this one Friday a month. It will be really nice to have a regular date night.
I'm soooo tired this week. It amazes me how much having a break on the weekend makes a difference in my week. Jason was busy with a couple things last weekend, so I never got the weekend break and I'm dragging. Jason is heading out of town Friday through Sunday this weekend to take pictures of Katie's wedding and I've gone into survival mode. You know, when you shut down and start witnessing your life as an outsider. It's kind of funky really, hearing yourself speak as if someone else is doing the talking. Ok. I'll stop before you have me committed :-). Honestly, you single parents truly amaze me. The stamina and patience you have to have is incredible!
Speaking of dragging, I think I'll go watch a movie while the kids are in bed (not napping yet, but a woman can hope).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nana said...

Naps are manna from Heaven - here's hoping you get one!!!!
Love,
Nana